Statement of Faith for Advancing Native Missions
- that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired word of God, inerrant in the original documents and of final authority in all matters of faith and practice;
- that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- in the full deity and perfect humanity of our Lord, His representative and substitutionary sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father's right hand, His present high priestly ministry, and His personal return in power and glory;
- in the regeneration by the Holy Spirit, which is absolutely necessary for the salvation of fallen, sinful, and lost mankind and which is a free gift of God's grace received by personal faith through Christ Jesus;
- in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life;
- in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust: those who are saved to everlasting blessedness, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation;
- and that the universal church is composed of all true believers in Christ Jesus who are united in Him and to one another by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The chief functions of the church are to worship God and witness for the Lord Jesus Christ until He returns. The local church is composed of a group of believers in a specific locality who gather in Christ's name for the breaking of bread, prayers, fellowship and teaching.
Return to ANM Home Page
Contents © 2002 Advancing Native Missions. All rights reserved.
All gifts given to Advancing Native Missions are tax-deductible.